Sambal Serai Quail Egg
Long beans and quail eggs cooked in a fragrant sambal that packs a punch!
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 3 - 4 servings
- 10 pcs quail eggs (cooked and peeled)
- 15g small anchovies
- 6 stalks lemongrass
- 100g red chili
- 70g shallots
- 30g garlic
- 10g turmeric
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 80g long beans (cut to 1cm)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in wok and fry anchovies until crispy. Put aside.
- Use the same oil and sear the quail eggs until light brown. Stir in long bean as well and fry briefly. Put aside.
- Slice lemongrass very thinly.
- Heat oil and fry the lemongrass lightly to release its aroma. Leave it aside to cool.
- Once cooled, put the lemongrass together with chili, garlic, shallots, turmeric into the food processor and blend into a paste.
- Heat wok and use the same oil (from frying the lemongrass) to fry the paste until fragrant.
- Add black pepper and chili flakes and continue to fry.
- Next add the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and salt. Throw in the quail eggs and long beans. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and lastly stir in the crispy anchovies.
Share it with your friends.