Pad Krapow Chicken with Century Egg
Minced chicken with basil is paired with a unique ingredient - century egg!
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 3 - 4 servings
- 250g minced chicken
- 1 handful Thai basil leaves
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 4 bird’s eye chilies
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 century egg (quartered)
- Coriander (garnish)
- 2 tbsp Borges classic olive oil
- Marinate the minced chicken with the sauces. Set it aside.
- Heat some classic olive oil in a pan to fry the century egg. When crisp, set aside and strain on paper towel.
- Add the basil leaves into the classic olive oil and fry till crispy. Remove, set aside and strain.
- Blend the garlic, shallots and bird’s eye chili together into as paste using a food processor.
- Remove some of the classic olive oil and fry up the garlic, shallots and chilies until fragrant.
- Then add in the chicken. When cooked, season to taste.
- Add basil leaves and century eggs back in and toss.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve when ready.
Share it with your friends.