Kampung Salmon with Salted Egg
Whip up this flavorful fish dish under 45 minutes!
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 3 - 4 servings
- 1 pc halved salmon head
- 150g bitter gourd
- 1 boiled salted egg
- 25g ginger
- 25g turmeric
- 15 green bird’s eye chilies
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 3 lime leaves
- 2 tbsp Calamansi juice
- 350g Greek yogurt
- 2 cups water
- Cut bitter gourd to thumb size and rub in half teaspoon salt. Leave it to release the bitter juice.
- Blend ginger, turmeric and bird’s eye chili together with a hand blender.
- Heat wok until it’s really hot and pour in the blended ingredients to release the flavors.
- Add in Calamansi juice to infuse.
- When the paste is reduced, add in yogurt and about 2 cups of water and let it come to a slow boil.
- Throw in the lemongrass.
- Continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the salmon head.
- Heat pan and fry skin side down.
- Flip over to half fry the other side and quickly pour in the sauce and add the bitter gourd and lime leaves.
- Simmer until the fish is cooked.
- Place the fish in serving plate.
- Dice the boiled salted egg and pour over dish.
Share it with your friends.